Friday, March 21, 2008

Music video ramble



I wish I knew what was going on in that whole video (see above). It's a really cool music video - the scenes and imagery and the music parts are all really neat. But the only thing I get from the whole storyline, if you want to call it that, is that people set them up to make people go through a house like dominos but, like... tilting the universe of each room or something. And eliminating floors, walls and parts of ceilings. Huh what? It's an abstract video which makes it cool, but it isn't abstract enough to keep me from trying to guess what's going on. Which just dizzies my insecure little brain.

Then there are other videos, such as this one:


Though I love this song, and the video is pretty to look at, I honestly have no idea what I'm looking at. The only part of the video that makes any real sense is that she sings "hands on me" and people are later caressing seemingly random partners. And that Vanessa Carlton is wearing some kind of weird... weird-outfit. I don't even know. But the people change so fast that I can't get a good look at any of their outfits. I only know that a flash of pale legs equals the knowledge that Vanessa Carlton just graced the presense of my computer screen impaled eyeballs.

And THEN there are the "just plain cool" and "mostly abstract but also kind of making sense" videos. Case in point:


This video has the coolest imagery and continuous-shot thingies that I've ever seen. Like, the background changes and the pose stays the same. The whole video flows together in a really cool way. It kind of makes sense with the whole rest of the song, but mostly fitting the whiny-but-not-because-i'm-cool attitude of the songs as well as the artist and his video. This video NEARLY has a story, but not quite... it's still lacking serious storytelling elements.

However... this fits a storytelling bill (finally! a video that would make my creative writing teacher proud!)


The Hush Sound's new music video for their first single from their new album! I do some serious name dropping in this post! Oh well! This video has a definitely storyline and, even more (!), some actually character behind the members of the band that helps push the plot along. It's easy to follow and the song is great and everyone matches and they leave off like you can have a sequel!

(This post was mostly aimless... but I wanted to post a few videos because I like to and so I figured I'd talk about the videos I was posting. Hooray!)

5 comments:

. said...

pft... OBVIOUSLY:
the girl with the long, aluminum cardboard legs is worried because she is pregnant by the guy with the drawn on tuxedo. He figured out prompting him to scream at approximately

Then, around 0:38 they finished the space ship designed to take teh baby to outer space so tehy don't have to worry about itt (naturally they hired a foreigner from a 3rd world country to build it for them... and then years later we catch a glimpse of the albino freak child who is trying to figure out his past through a magic seance brought about by the magical green bottles set around the body.

It appears to be working as the boy is flashed back to when the conception happened. A bunch of drunk guys were hanging around an apartment (one of them in cardboard with bunny ears and ICE written across his chest). One of these men is the culprit to showering the chick with a SHITLOAD of semen while she was passed out.
However.. the child freaks a cat out while wanderin garound at the memory of his conception which causes the cat to jump on a guy which causes him to knock some more stuff over which causes everyone to move about and knock the space ship over.
(The fat bald guy probably shat his pants on teh way down since he was sleeping on teh job)
And because of all the falling debris, the girl lost the baby.
Thus the child caused his own destruction...

OR... these people were on crack while making the video.

Kristine said...

dear... are you sure YOU weren't the one on crack during the viewing of the music video? :P

your plotline is fantastic, however. i'm floored. :P

. said...

i was quite excited by your video
it is late
and it's sunday
so i'm going to bed
good night
i l y

Mr. Ayers said...

I would love to know how you're embedding the youtube vids in your posts.

Kristine said...

Mr Ayers: I have an account on YouTube, so I don't know if it works without one... but below the information box on the right of the videos, there is a bar of HTML that says "customize" either above it or beside it. Basically, just copy the HTML and paste it into a blog post and that embeds the video.