Sunday, March 16, 2008

Goodbye Blues (The Hush Sound)



From the time the Hush Sound released their first album in late 2005, I've been a fan. I first heard them on the beautiful site that is Purevolume. I was basically obsessed. And then, in the summer of 2006, the Hush Sound released their second album (on 6/6/06). I've loved both their albums but because it's been over a year without any hint of something new, I migrated to other artists (Patrick Wolf... Kate Nash...)

But the other day, I was driving around in the car and thinking, "I wonder what the Hush Sound is up to." So I googled them and they have a new CD coming out. On Tuesday. Two days before my birthday. (Atonement is also coming out on the 18th, as well as Enchanted (I think) so I'm going to need a lot of money this year...)

I've listened to their two "released" tracks from the new album, "Medicine Man" and "Honey" and they are amazing! They've changed their sound a bit, but what's a new album without a trace of reinvention? Greta's vocals are more mature, less lovely and flowy and are instead a little rougher and tougher. I like it, however. I can't find any songs that feature Bob's vocals but I hope they measure up. They usually both exceed expectations so I hope the trend continues.

I am giddy with excitement for this week. A new CD from one of my favorite bands ever, two amazing movies coming out and my birthday. Hooray!

2 comments:

. said...

wow.. HUSH seems cool
i can always rely on kristine for good music : )
i probably will
i forgot to let the water sit for awhile, so she ended up suffocating : (
oh well... i hope i can get another fishy

Dyskrasia said...

Ekk! Yay for the Hush Sound! They're amazing in concert :D

If you buy this you'll have to let me borrow it.