Tuesday, February 10, 2009

JANE AUSTEN WILL DIE!

Ugh. After reading nothing but Jane Austen novels for the last 2-2.5 months for AP Lit, I swear on my life I will never pick up another Jane Austen book for another 10 years. I am so tired of the humorous societal satire and the hand-touching, eyes-meeting romantics. Give me something, anything, with different themes and storylines!

I'm dying to read something new. I can't even open Mansfield Park without wanting to kill myself.

Hopefully, at the end of the term, I can get some people in my class to read The Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man (James Joyce) with me.

At least, I can go to class every day, comforted with knowing I will listen to my classmates butcher the pronounciation of words and rhythm of speech for plays such as Othello, Oedipus and Tartuffe. That's not Jane Austen!

1 comment:

mckenzie said...

I am personally offended, Kristine.
-McKenzie