Monday, September 1, 2008

I'm shuffling!

I needed a new iPod. I have an older iPod from 2 and a half years ago. The pixels are starting to go out in the screen so I have to turn the brightness down as far as it will go to preserve the pixels that haven't gone black yet. So I was in the market for a new Apple product (now that I'm addicted to Apple, thanks to my Macbook).

I wanted a Nano for a while. They're small, light-weight, adorable, colorful, etc. But $200. It wouldn't be a problem with my paychecks and the fact I hardly buy anything, but I'd also need an armband for running and those seem to be pretty difficult to find. And they only came in 4GB and 8GB and I want a device I could put all my music on and a Classic has 80-160GB and is $50 more.

And then I went to this page: Shuffle. I immediately began thinking of the pros and cons of getting only a 2GB music player. It came with a clip so I could clip it to myself while I run - completely hands free. I could put on only songs I like so I wouldn't have to worry about picking playlists or skipping songs while I run or study. Plus, it was less than half the price of a Nano. So I went to Best Buy and bought a silver one.

All the colors available are pretty and vibrant. And they get lighter and darker depending on the lighting and the angle. They are small and once clipped on, you can hardly tell it's there. I went outside with my Shuffle clipped onto my shorts and sat there for two hours doing homework and didn't skip a single song because I had hand selected each song I put on.

I would recommend a Shuffle to anyone. They aren't a lot of money and they're incredibly convenient and handy. I love mine already and I've only had it for two days. Plus, they're aesthetically pleasing and cute, as far as technology goes. I'd like to get another one in another color and put another playlist on it: a 1GB Shuffle for only one kind of music (*ahem* Disney soundtracks... *ahem*).

No comments: