Thursday, August 7, 2008

Breaking Dawn (Stephanie Meyer)

So I read Breaking Dawn and got done with it yesterday. Yeah, yeah, it took a while since I got it at 12:10 AM on August 2. But still!

Basically, it was good. It was a little long, a little slow and a little unexpected. I could not, in a million years, have predicted what happened at the end of the book. I was floored by the first 150 to 200 pages.

As far as final books of a saga go, it was pretty good. It wrapped up basically every loose end I could think of and I was pretty happy. I'm looking forward to Meyer's next book, which will be the first book of the series, Twilight, in Edward's point of view.

If anyone else read the book, tell me what you think. I can't say too much yet, since people haven't finished it yet and I don't want to let out any spoilers. :D

3 comments:

. said...

I personally did not like the book. I thought it could've been better, but I also thought it was very predictable up until the last few pages with Alice and her amazing appearance to save the day. I guess, there were a few surprises her and there that sort of got me to say "ooh... i bet this is gonna happen..." and it did.
So that sort of made the book kind of lame for me, but otherwise it wasn't too terrible. I still couldn't put it down.

. said...

P.S. have you read my blog yet? I would like to repost something else before a certain somebody reads it (somebody I don't particularly like posting on my blogs) because that certain somebody is in town trying 24/7 to get a hold of me and it's only a matter or time before that somebody thinks to go to the internet

Anonymous said...

I'm kind of torn between liking the book for it ties the loose ends, but I disliked the book for having a ridiculous amount of events taking place in such a short amount of time.
In comparison to the other books in the saga, BD is not so dreamlike, in Twilight not an awful lot happens until the last 2/3 chapters.I had actually become accustomed to that..
I suppose I feel the hype was exaggerated, I've read novels which kept me gripped for longer.
*shrugs* I don't know, maybe that's just mee.
:/